Modvigil: A Cure for Excessive Sleep Disorders
18 June 2020
What is Modvigil?
It is the medicine to cure excessive sleep disorders in some people. It is for the people who get deprived of work and are unable to perform better due to excessive sleepiness or want to increase the energy mentally, increase alertness, and cognitive energy.
Basically, it is for the treatment of narcolepsy condition, which the disorder of wakefulness. The orexin neuron present helps in the activation of psych and euphoria; it reaches the nerves and reacts accordingly.
Modvigil comes under various brand names such as Alerts, Intensit, Forcilin, Alertec, Modafinilo, Modanil, Modalert, Vigil, Vigimax, Zalux, Wakelert, Resotyl.
Use of Modvigil:
Sometimes it becomes difficult to study, work, drive, concentrate in any work or you are feeling sleepy all day, the primary term given to it is narcolepsy, to treat these kinds of patients this medicine is given so that they can concentrate in their work, can study properly, are not always feeling lethargic or any kind of weakness pertaining to excess to laziness in the body.
It can also be used for depression and anxiety in some cases when other antidepressants have stopped reacting to your body. This is a great substitute for it in place of other anxiety medicines.
How to take Modvigil?
The medicine should be taken as per doctor’s prescription. Generally, the doctor recommends half of 100mg medicine. When the half 100mg does not react as per the requirement, then the full dose needs to be taken. It should be taken in the morning for better results. If you feel any kind of discomfort, like uneasiness, nausea, or vomiting, then it is recommended to take medicine with food.
Do not skip the medicine for a long time. First, consult your doctor then only stop the intake of the drug. It is recommended to take in the morning because it lets you remain active the entire day, does not let you sleep, keeps you focused, and, if you take it very late, it may let you be deprived of sleep at night.
You should also keep in mind that if you are self-medicating yourself( which should not be done), you are not taking any other medicine.
Who should not take Modvigil?
- Modvigil should not be taken by someone who takes alcohol daily or is an alcohol addict, or drug addict.
- It should not be taken by people who have the history of cardiovascular problems or fluctuations in heartbeat or chest pain.
- Modvigil is not meant for children, and it can only be recommended to adults.
- A pregnant woman or who are planning for the same should not at all consume Modvigil or any such brand as it may affect the baby.
- Any person who has had surgery recently, even dental surgery, or has the history of heart issues should not consume the medicine by themselves. They should always consult the doctor for better advice.
- Any kind of mental illness or heart problems or blood pressure problems if pertained should be informed to the doctor before the medicine prescription.
- If you are allergic to any such kind of medicines should be well informed to the doctor.
- And it is always suitable to contact a doctor before consuming any kind of medicine even if you do not have any such issues.
- You should contact your doctor and inform them if you want to buy Modvigil online.
Side effects of Modvigil:
First of all, Modvigil should be taken as prescribed by the doctor, but every medicine has its own side effects. The side effects of Modvigil are:
- It can cause a headache or heavy head.
- You can also have uneasiness or nausea.
- Back pains are also some reasons for this medicine, which can cause lots of trouble.
- Anxiety and nervousness can also be caused due to this.
- Indigestion or heartburn can also be caused.
- You can feel like vomit or diarrhea can be caused.
- You can feel your mouth dried up or skin leaving moisture.
- Insomnia can also be a problem, and the main problem can be taking medicine too late. The life of this medicine is 10- 15 hours a day. So it is recommended to take early in the morning to keep yourself active throughout the day and get better sleep at night.
- The medicine reaction on the skin can sometimes cause severe problems like toxic epidermal necrolysis, and this can be genetic also.
- If in case you have fever, purple or red rash, blisters, then you should stop taking medicine and should contact the doctor for further advice.
Where to buy Modvigil?
Dosage and the form
100mg medicine is white in color, round in shape have MOD over 100 engraved over it on one side and APO over the other; these are biconvex tablets.
200 mg medicine white in color but is oval-shaped, are biconvex tablets, engraved on the tablet MOD bisect 200 over one side, and APO over the other side.
Do not overdose yourself with these tablets and do not leave the tablet for a long time; everything should be done under doctor’s advice. It may cause Stevens-Johnson Syndrome or Anaphylaxis and Angioedema Reactions, a reaction such as Multiorgan Hypersensitivity, abnormal sleepiness, Psychiatric reactions. If these reactions take place, then you should immediately contact the doctor for further assistance.
Modvigil should always be taken as per the doctor's advice if any kind of reaction persists immediately to inform the doctor. Do not overdose yourself with this medicine as it may create a lot of severe issues and do not take medicine too late as this may deprive you of sleep at night. Pregnant ladies, breastfeeding ladies, or conceiving ladies should avoid this medicine, and the people with heart diseases or blood pressure issues should also avoid this medicine. This medicine should be taken in the quantity the doctor has prescribed.